"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." (Winston Churchill)
Nonprofits are all about giving to others whether it's services or financial assistance. When the Board of Directors, Executive Director or staff are not functioning at their optimum, then the act of "giving" is impaired.
Here are some questions to consider:
- Is your staff struggling to find direction?
- Is your Board of Directors unclear about their role and responsibilities?
- Is your current strategic plan sitting on the shelf gathering dust and you need direction for the future?
For a number of years, we've worked with nonprofits to help them move from being dysfunctional to functioning great again.
Here are some ways we do that.
- "Organizational Tune-Ups" for staff. We take our cars in for a 5,000 mile tune-up to keep it working at its optimum, so why don't we do the same with our staff? This is a time to identify HURDLES to organizational effectiveness, whether as a nonprofit examining fundraising and program development, to an insurance company where staff seem adrift and not paying attention to their customers. And, identify action steps to remedy those hurdles. Click on hurdles that describe our "Organizational Tune-Up."
- As the Executive Director or Board Chair, you recognize the board is not clear about its role and responsibilities. When this happens, boards become dysfunctional. We will facilitate a meeting with the board to clear up the confusion and get them working effectively using our Nonprofit Board Checklist on 9 Responsibilities checklist.
- Strategic planning is a process, not an event. It is a shared conversation between the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, staff and your stakeholders. No one plan fits your process. We will partner with you to create a planning process that is not overwhelming and provides clear direction and steps to accomplish your goals. Review our 6 Building Blocks for a Successful Strategic Planning Process.