|Supervisors and managers don't need to be an expert on EEO laws, but they do need to know the basic legal requirements and how the laws impact their responsibilities. As a result, supervisors will act with respect and integrity based on the knowledge of the laws, rather than making employment decisions based on their assumptions.|
- We have worked with hundreds of employers in the United States: financial, insurance, retail, ag-industry, senior care retirement, small manufacturers, law enforcement, education, non-profits, state and local governments.
- We have over 30 years of designing and delivering training in EEO law and as an investigator.
- We have worked with attorneys in preparing EEO cases and served as an expert witness in federal court.
This seminar presents the laws in a clear-cut manner by having participants test their knowledge of the laws and then applying the laws to case scenarios. Participants will know the answers to these key questions at the completion of the seminar:
- What are the EEO laws?
- What constitutes illegal discrimination in the workplace?
- What are the responsibilities of supervisors?
- How should supervisors apply the laws to everyday employment situations?
The seminar content includes:
- Matching legal terms to their definitions.
- Completing a Legal Issues Assessment that covers 20 different employment situations.
- Applying the laws to case scenarios.
- Review of the Top 10 Legal Mistakes Supervisors Make and how to avoid making those mistakes.
- Seminars are three hours to a full day in length.
This seminar is highly interactive and can be easily tailored to address legal issues specific to an employer. In addition, with Kevin's 30 years of EEO expertise, he provides sufficient time to field questions from participants about their work-related situations.